The Dillards

The Dillards

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Our Day at the Races

We had planned all week to go to the Busch Race in Atlanta. We knew it was going to be chilly and then. . . it got cold and snowed! The wind was sustained at 20mph. A miserable day for the races!
All week, when we would get in the truck to go ANYWHERE, Caden would say, "Are we going to see the Busch Race or what?" We knew we would have to come up with something really good to distract him from the race. We decided to suck it up, pack up and go to the races! With layers of thermal, cotton and fleece, a backpack with caps, gloves, blankets, chapstick, shooter muffs and ear plugs, we were on our way!
Coy has been to the races, Caden had not. Caden's face was absolutely priceless on the first lap around! We couldn't have paid him to keep those ear muffs on! He loved every minute of it! For Coy, Joe and I, it was like the first time all over again! I guess you never get over the excitement of race day!
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. ran the Atlanta Busch Race for the first time in almost a decade. He drove the number 5, National Guard car. Kyle Busch led 174 of 184 laps and blew a tire and hit the wall! We were very sad for him. He had led the race by 1/3 mile! The race's last lap was run under caution. They run two extra if that happens, so we got two extra laps for our money!
Here are a few pictures of our day!

2 comments:

billy said...

HEY DILLARD DOZEN CREW,
I HOPE YOU ALL HAD FUN AT THE RACES. IT LOOKS LIKE CADEN HAD A GREAT TIME. SOME DAY I MIGHT GET TO GO TO THE RACES I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO A NASCAR RACES BUT I WOULD SETTLE FOR A BUSCH RACE. ANY WAY WE DID NOT GET ANY ACCUMULATION FROM THE SNOW ON SATURDAY JUST FLURRIES. HEY JOE MAYBE ONE DAY ME AND YOU CAN GO TO THE RACES TOGETHER...THAT WOULD BE FUN BUT I HOPE IT IS NOT FREEZING COLD TWO BALD HEADED GUYS AND COLD WEATHER DON'T GO TOGETHER TO GOOD. YOU GUYS STAY SAFE AND KEEP US UPDATED ON JOES DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS. HIS HEART SKIPPING BEATS IS BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN AWAY FROM HIS BUDDY "B" TO LONG. I THINK THEY CALL THAT WITHDRAW. TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER.
SIGNING OFF, "B"

wondertwin said...

Hey,
How about them Goodyea tires. Tony Stewart blasted them. WOW.

Wondertwin