As I am, let's just say, maturing, I am becoming more and more aware of my family's impact on the earth. God gave it to us to enjoy and love, but not to completely destroy. In the last year, I have started making my own cleaning products, laundry detergent, grown a garden, started recycling, using energy saving light bulbs, saving water and electricity when we can, using reusable grocery bags, composting, really focusing on reducing and reusing and a host of other things. Ok, so it's lot for a spoiled, earth-abusing family to digest in less than a year. So, Joe calls me a "Tree Hugger." A friend of mine shared this slide with me and wanted to share it with you! I use plastic grocery bags for trash. Now, that I am aware of how many we are using in a year, I will have to find an alternative garbage bag! *sigh* http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/MULTIMEDIA02/80505016
I really don't know what I am doing here, but go check out this site!

1 comment:
Wow Andrea. I'm so impressed! I'm becoming more "aware," but mostly it's about all the toxins we put in our bodies. It's amazing how they have made all of these things (food/plastics) that have made our lives easier, but I think it took us a while to figure out how bad they really are.
Post a Comment